Tuesday, November 3, 2009

It's like Colorado, but...

So today I caught a glimpse of the real Northern Japan and I am...well...concerned.

5:50 AM :
I wake up to find white stuff everywhere! 
(If you look closely, you will see a very confused Marco).


 8:46 AM:
Snow-Rain...Ranow?....Snain?...It is both raining and snowing at the same time.  You notice the snow on the ground has melted due to the rain but there are big white flakes in the air.

 

12:06 PM:
No sign of snow or rain 3 hours prior.  I wouldn't have believed me either so I documented it:

1:50 PM: Earthquake, Magnitude 4.1.  I can't capture that with my Olympus, so you'll have to take my word for it.  Or you could check the Japan Meteorological Agency.  My feelings will only be a little hurt.

Japan has been busy today!  I guess that makes one of us.

2 comments:

  1. YOU ARE HILARIOUS! I just got here to post my freaking out pictures from the morning . . . I just didn't get up quite as early as you . . . wow, what a day huh? I'm glad you confirmed the earthquake . . . I thought someone might have just been jumping on my car in the commissary parking lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... and I thought our weather was weird last week. We went from highs in the 60s last week back to highs in the 90s this week.

    ReplyDelete