Sunday, July 20, 2008

New Camera & the Planck Constant

Nothing much happening here in Phoenix other than major heat, so I thought I would tell you all about our new camera. It is a Sony Cybershot DSC-W170 and I have only had it for 2 days, but so far it is fantastic! I took the below picture from my balcony, at night! That is right, completely dark outside...not bad I think for having virtually no available ambient light. Digital cameras these days are amazing! Thank the heavens for Electrical Engineers (and other engineers...I guess, :) ).

In other unrelated non-news, does anyone (besides Brian, put your hand down smarty-pants) know why the electromagnetic spectrum stops at a frequency on the order of 10^25 (Gamma Rays)? Yeah, me either. Apparently it is related to the Planck constant, which is the proportionality constant between the energy of a photon and its frequency. Just something to think about if you are having trouble sleeping tonight! :) It's a real cranium-buster!

No comments:

Post a Comment